Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June kit release

Well here it is the 1st day of June. I cant believe that this year is 6 months in. Here is my kit......hope you enjoy! Limited quantities available. It makes a great gift - not only for upcoming weddings and grads but also for a birthday, Christmas or just because.

This kit was inspired by upcoming weddings and graduations. Black and White are classic colours. Add a pop of colour and viola! An Instant classic gift. I wanted to make a quick and easy gift for friends and/or family. But, let me say that this kit is versatile and can be used for anyone at anytime – parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. It can be given as a shower gift, for a birthday or even Christmas. Don’t limit yourself!

This kit will allow you to follow the directions as provided, or to make it your own. Don’t feel like you have to use my ideas if you prefer to use a different paper or layout. I loved the “quieter” papers in the kit, but if you are making a gift for people who are bolder personalities, go for it.

With this kit, you will receive:
• Meadowlark Dawn paper kit (9 double sided papers as well as a diecut sheet)
• Pearls
• Tim Holtz swirls
• 1 pc of 12x12 cardstock (colour of your choice – add at time of purchase)
• 11x14 canvas

PLEASE NOTE - You will require a very strong adhesive like ATG gun, Pioneer double sided tape or Tombow adhesive (quick drying wet adhesive). This is not included in the kit.
Decorating a canvas is like working on a larger background. I layout my canvases as I would a layout. It makes it easier for my brain to wrap around the concept of working on a larger canvas. This one will have a 5x7 black and white wedding photo put on to it, but I am just waiting for one of the girls at work to bring it in for me :)


I had left over paper and pearls, so I threw together this little extra bonus in the kit. On this card I coloured the pearls with a sharpie marker. You could also use Tim Holtz/Ranger distress inks. Match it to the gift or the colours and viola, easy card to give.



Thanks for looking. Kits are available and ready at the store for you. Enjoy!

~~Melanie

No comments: