Monday, June 7, 2010

52 weeks of challenges....

Happy Monday! Sorry for the delay, blogger has been down since last night. Gotta love technology.

This week's challenge is a sketch to use as inspiration and make your own! I bring you a sketch by my new favourite sketch artist, Allison Davis. She is amazing and her sketches are awesome! She is based in the US and has her sketch books for sale through Scrapbook Generations. There are currently 5 books available with a 6th on the way in July. They also have a card sketch book.
Allison's sketches use a lot of 4x6 photos. She wants people to be able to grab a stack of photos they have printed, grab a sketch, grab paper and embellishments and get a layout completed. Even when there are smaller photos, she usually crops a 4x6 photo down to the correct size.

Each month, Allison does a Sketch Week on her blog (which happens to be this week!). She picks one of her sketches and then each day that week posts a layout or two based on that particular sketch and how she used it for inspiration. She lists the changes and similarities to the sketch for each layout. Simply amazing! Allison's sketch week was the stepping stone to my challenge for you this week. I am including the sketch as well as the two layouts I completed using it as inspiration. You can see the similarities as well as the fact that they are different enough.

Here is the sketch I picked for your challenge this week (click on it to make it larger):
Sketch copyright Allison Davis, Scrapbook Generations

Here is my 1st layout based on the sketch (click on the picture to make it larger):


Here is my 2nd layout based on the sketch (click on the picture to make it larger):

I hope you enjoy this challenge! I know I did.....I cant wait to get to my next sketch :) Please bring your layouts in to the store for Kari to take a picture of, or email a copy to the store. We will post it on the blog to show YOUR inspired layout from this sketch.

~~Melanie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant make it bigger....

Anonymous said...

We are sorry the images are not getting bigger, for the longest time that is all you had to do, we believe blogger has changed some of their main tools so this is not happening now. Sorry for the inconvience.

Embellished Memories