Thursday, June 24, 2010

busy weekend

So my busy weekend is finally arriving. We start today with Darby's graduation from grade 5 into junior high. Tonight, we have Mass for my oldest daughter's graduation from grade 12. Tomorrow we run around for hair appointments, make-up appointments, pictures, and trying to find someone to tie Nicole's boyfriend's tie as we prepare for grad. Saturday we head up to Edmonton, so that Sunday I can write my optician's exam. I'm tired just thinking of it!
You know there will be tonnes of photos taken from me.
The following is a layout I did of Nicki's hair trial. I chose the song title "The best is yet to come" (by Hedley) as a play on words. The photos were of her hair and make-up trial for grad, and so she has another day of playing princess yet. But also, she has a wonderful lifetime ahead of her yet. I thought it suited the page well.
I think she's beautiful at the best of times, but her hair and make-up made her especially pretty that day. There's a little misting. Some butterflies emerging (like her). Some ink.The layout also has an envelope (from Maya Road) that I plan on slipping some personal journaling in for her to read one day. I'm so proud of her, and I'm sure I'll cry not just at her grad, but at her little sister's too. My girls are growing up so fast!

So have a good weekend. I'm glad to hear Kari's doing ok. You're in my thoughts girlie!! I'll let you all know when I'm back from Edmonton. Take care, happy scrapping!

~RonniH.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Drive safe! Have an awesome weekend. Cant wait to see the layouts you come up with.

melissa said...

I just love this layout. It makes me remember my own high school grad. Your daughter is so very beautiful. Lucky to have such a special mom like you Ronnie. Good luck on your exam and enjoy your weekend. Also congrats to Darby on her grade 5 grad!.

TheMommaBear said...

go get em tiger!!! all of YOU are growing up so fast!!!!
congrats to each of you gurls as you take the next step in your lives!!!

love tam