Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekly challenge!

Good morning!
Remember when I challenged you 2 weeks ago to paint in the negative space? Well this week is similar, but I'm going to change it up. Change is good, remember? I had all those leftover circles punched out, and I thought we should be able to do something with them.
So your challenge is this, use those circles to make a negative space, and to challenge you furtner, don't use any boughten patterned paper.
I took my circles, and placed them all over a plain white piece of cardstock, and sprayed it with two colours of mist, one yellow, one brown. Once dried, I inked the edges. I took a leftover brown bag, crumpled it, and inked it, and adhered it. I had a tag that I stamped on with Tim Holtz's new line of stamps and added that to the mess too. Some masking tape, punched butterflies, some sewing, staples, and a few buttons were added too. I add my niece's photo, added her name, and done!It was fun coming up with ways to make it interesting with colours and textures. The tag was a total mistake, but I loved how it worked out, and I'm going to try to incorporate something like that again.
So go on, challenge yourself today... negative space and homemade patterned paper. Have fun!!
See you later this week!
~RonniH.

No comments: