Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy first day of February!

Your challenge for the first week of February, should you chose to accept it, is to use an old dictionary page (or thesaurus, or any other page from a regular book) and alter it in some way.
Here, I used paint to stamp on it and inked the edges, but you could also use rub-ons or stamp with ink. I also sewed down the edges of it, slapped on some masking tape, and called it good.

Now, I don't worry too much about archival quality... the way I see it, NOTHING made with paper will last forever. But if it is a concern for you, there are a few things you can do. Don't use an original, one -of-a- kind, you have no other copy, if your mother found out you used it she'd beat you, photo. You can also matt your photo onto cardstock (or other acid free paper) to slow the acid migration process. Or you can buy patterned paper that has the look of a dictionary. Totally up to you.
Here's a closer photo so you can see better what I did.. So enjoy your week... I'll be back soon to show you February's kit! :)
~Ronni H.


No comments: