Saturday, May 22, 2010

A wedding gift for a friend...

One of the girls I work with is getting married next week. Her house is decorated in lime green and brown (like mine!). She is a scrapbooker, so I knew she would appreciate a homemade gift. She is a little sweetie too, so I wanted to do something special for her.



Viola! Her gift (and yes, she already has it as she is now on holidays for a couple of weeks).




I made a 16x20 canvas for them. I used some of my favourite Basic Grey origins line, flowers, glimmer mist, flourishes, Prima bling, buttons, ink and printed the "love is kind" quote from 1Chorinthians. The big brown mat is sized for her favourit 8x10 photo of their wedding....I told her she had to print it in B&W lol

I love how it turned out. This photo is good (she took it for me as I forgot to take one to share with you all before I gave it - duh!) but it doesnt do it justice. In person, it looks absolutely amazing (if I do say so myself)! All the bling and textures and size and colours....yum!

She already knows where it will be placed on the wall.....I love when a gift is appreciated and put up/used right away :)

Hope you are all enjoying your long weekend. ps keep an eye open for sneeks on the June kit ;)

~~Melanie

1 comment:

Wise Wedding Styles said...

That looks absolutely amazing! Love how well the colors go together, and I'm sure it'll look great on her wall!