Sunday, May 9, 2010

Make it a scrapbook weekend!

Scrapbooking with friends is one of the most amazing things! You can share stories, memories, laughter, tears, ideas, creativity, everything!

I have the best scrapbooking friends in the whole entire world. It is a warm fuzzy feeling when we get together. I have a group of friends that come down from Calgary to scrapbook at the store. We try to get together once a month or so. We make a weekend out of it - meals out, movies, photo trip around the city (and sometimes out - this weekend they went to Waterton for the day while I was working). We stay up late, eat snacks through the night and drink pop (something I normally dont do).

This weekend, they came down. I had one project - a wedding gift - that I HAD to complete. Not only did I get that done, but I completed (including titles and journalling) 4 double page layouts and some cards. It felt soooooooo good to be productive. The past few get togethers have been very frustrating for me as I havent had any mojo whatsoever :( This weekend, it all came back!

I will share some of my projects over the next few weeks. I didnt leave any at the store this time....but if Kari wants them for display, she will ask lol

Did you know that you can book the classroom for a group of friends (when no classes/crops are running)? Better yet, for a nominal fee, you can book the amazing room downstairs with the comfy chairs and lots of table space to have a more private time. Bring in snacks. Come for Friday and Saturday or just all day Saturday.

Talk to Kari and plan a girls crop with your friends. They are an amazing getaway from the everyday. Book a room at a local hotel nearby and really make it a girls getaway weekend!

Seriously, one of the best things I have recently done.

~~Melanie

No comments: