Monday, March 22, 2010

new flower tutorial...

So I'm always looking for new ways to dress up my pages. I love making my own embellishements and playing with paper in new ways. I won't say that I was bored at work yesterday and googled scrapping ideas, because of course I'm totally dedicated to my work. But if I had, well then, I would have this cool idea to show you!
Start by punching 5 circles. (I used a scalloped circle, but a normal circle works fine too.) I used old dictionary paper cause it was handy and easy to manipulate, you'll see why. Ink the edges. (nothing better than getting inky fingers, well, almost nothing better. Think chocolate)
See:
Stack all 5 together and staple twice in th middle. See:Scrunch up the center circle tight. See:And continue scrunching up each layer until you get this, this pretty rose type flower! See! Use to decorate your pages or cards. You'll notice I don't often make cards, so if you ever get one from me, it's cause I must like you an awful lot. :) Or I was broke. lol
So see, easy peasy. Let me know if I need to explain anything more, or just leave me a comment telling me ya love me. lol I know, I know, you just love that I find good ideas. lol
(And thanx for not teasing about my newfound love of all things bold and italic! )
(guess who just figured out how to do that!)
K, see you soon!
~RonniH.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love what you do and by we i mean my cat and I

Anonymous said...

you are so cute, love the tutorial, thanks for sharing.

Carolyn M.... said...

Love it!! Thanks for sharing....somehow you always make it look so easy!