Monday, March 1, 2010

March Kit

***ETA - Kari just advised me that the kit will be delayed for a couple of days as she had issues getting the correct cardstock in. Note - SHE WILL HOLD A KIT FOR YOU so you do not miss out!***

Hello everyone!
I can not believe it it March 1 already!!!! Where has the past couple of months gone? I had the privilage of putting together the March kit. I hope you enjoy it! You will get 3 projects with this kit. The first is a card - convenient to keep in your card calendar from the January kit (sorry for the blurry photo below and that it is sideways...I am not sure what happened). The 2nd is a layout and the 3rd is a journal and journal jar - complete with over 250 questions included.

Here is a bit of the background to where i was coming from when designing it for you.... This kit was inspired by a gift I received this past Christmas from my Gramz.

About 6 years ago, I made her a journal and journal jar. I gave it to her asking her to pull a question every day or so and to write down her memories in the journal. I wanted to have her hand writing. I wanted to have her memories. I wanted to have a piece of her with me to look back on. Throughout her journey of writing, she would chat to me about it. She said that some of the questions were easy, some were hard. A lot of them made her think way back about the answers while other answers came easily. A few questions brought tears to her eyes with the memories while some brought smiles and laughter.

Around the same time, I also gave a journal and journal jar to my Uncle and Aunt. Again, I wanted to get their stories and memories from my mom’s side of the family. I wanted to have their hand writing. I wanted to have their memories. I wanted to have a piece of them with me to look back on. Shortly after, my uncle was diagnosed with cancer. We lost him 4.5 years ago. He never answered any of the questions or shared his memories – all because he did not like his hand writing – even after my mom told him that wasn’t the point of the jar. I still wish he had written down some answers. I am going to ask my aunt to do one – hopefully she will. I would love to know more about my family, my history, my origins.

Share your history. Share your memories. Share your family. Don’t let it be lost.

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job Mel!

Fefe