Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Having fun with cards this year!

Ok so I spend most of the day with my sister and K-bear! Priorities you know! LOL But I got some cute photos of her at the park.

On the other hand, I didnt get a chance to work on my other Christmas cards like I had hoped, but maybe tonight. In the mean time, here are the two cards I do have done so far...for those two of you who just cant wait! Not naming any names *cough*cough*kariandmelissa*cough*cough*
Card 1 - Jillibean
Saw this bird paper and fell in love! It is so fun. A quick and easy card. I made the green the card back, trimmed the pattern paper (you can get 6 cards out of 1 sheet), inked it, crimped the brown cardstock, matted the paper on to the brown added a red ribbon and googley eyes onto the birds and a quick stamped saying.
Card 2 - Pink Paisley
A different size and cut for me. 3 to a 12x12 page - 3.5x12 folded. Trimmed the red cardstock for the card back, punched the one edge to look like notepaper, inked the red and blue patterns, added a blue ribbon and stamped a quick holiday saying matted it and popped it up. Oh and for a light bling 3 rhinestones on the ribbon.


Thanks for looking!
**Dont forget when making cards find your envelope and then cut your cards to fit. Dont make your cards and hope to find envies to fit (if a different size!). I have seen this done too many times in the past and then panic falls when trying to find specialty sizes of envelopes and the cost of them.
**A great gadget that Kari has in store is the Scorpal where you can MAKE your own envelopes of all different shapes and sizes. Ask her about it if you are a big card making fan. It is a must have!
~~Melanie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

super cute cards mel. I will bring one of mine down to the store for all to see.

embellishedmemories ltd said...

love them....:) thxs. for sharing.