Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hey, it's me, Ronni, have you missed me? Been a little busy playing with Feb's kit. Have you been teased yet about Feb's kit?? LOL, the colours, the textures, the ooh you have to wait! LOL! Sorry!

Isn't the weather crazy here? Two weekends ago, I took pictures of the snow down at the M.D. of Taber park, because I couldn't get over how much snow we had. It was almost even with the park bench seats, and in places where it has drifted, were even deeper! Crazy! And now look at the weather (can you look at weather??) I heard that it should be as high as plus 12C tomorrow.
Dude! No wonder I feel like I might be getting a cold.

Anyways, I too, have also gone back to school. Last September I started my optician's course, and last weekend I wrote my first midterm. Been a long time since I've had to write a math test, and somehow it's just as stressful as I remember it being. I get my results on Mon. and I'm starting to worry a little. Who am I kidding, I'm worrying a lot!

So I thought I'd show you a little of what I've been working on. I do have kit stuff, but you'll have to wait til next time...Here are my girls, heading-butting each other, playfully, if you can say such a thing.Check out the butterfly I made in the photo below. Now I wish I could say I came up with the idea of using a calligraphy pen nib for the butterfly body, but I didn't. And I wish I could say where I did see it done. I want to say on Tim Holtz' blog somewhere, but I'm not sure. What I can tell you, is that I stamped a butterfly, embossed it, cut it out, made a body with a pen nib and wire and carefully glued it down, praying it would stay. Then I added a little bit of stickles. A little bit piddly to do, but I think it turned out neat. What do you think?Now there's a story to my hobo gloves. I love love love my gloves. More than you should love hand socks, it's probably a little unhealthy the affection I have for my gloves. And Kari was teasing me about them. So me, being uh, me, made a layout about them. I am such a dork.

But I really do like my gloves, and love how the layout turned out. This new paper made me drool, and I love the colours, red! pink! blue! And I even threw a clock on the layout cause I like them too! LOL! I had leftover snowflake bellies from the last kit, and added them too. So much fun.

So I have pictures I'm picking up later today that I'm getting developed. I was in a minor car accident at the beginning of Dec. and while I wasn't hurt, my mini-van was written off. Long story, but it's all good, I got a new (to me) 2002 P.T. Cruiser that I've dubbed Petie (or Princess Petie when the mood strikes me) I want to take Petie out for a cruise this weekend and go on a photo shoot. I want to head towards Calgary maybe? or Waterton? or maybe I won't end up anywhere really. I don't care, just gonna take photos!

Anyways, enjoy your weekend too!

~Ronni

No comments: