Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Saturday!

So, got big plans for this weekend? I don't, it's toooooo cold out there! I'm glad that it's cold and snowy now instead of in August, but I can't hardly wait for spring!

Last weekend we did end up going to Calgary. The Glenbow museum had a Marilyn Monroe exhibit that was incredible! You can't take photos of it (so much of it is still under copywrite laws) but it was still a neat exhibit. Did you know she wore a size 16? They had many of her dresses that she wore in movies and for modeling, and a replica of the one she wore over the subway grate in "The Seven Year Itch". She was so pretty.

We'd never been to the Glenbow, and quite enjoyed it. My husband had to work a half day Sat. so we didn't get away til the late afternoon, but it was still a good way to spend time as a family. And you know there will be a mini-album of the weekend coming from me... soon, I hope!

So, here is what I did with the January kit, whatcha think?I honestly love this photo of my mom in the layout below. She was seriously a little frightened, which was funny, cause I can run faster than what they were traveling.

And I actually had fun making cards this go round! LOL! I'm terribly, horribly card challenged. Really, it's kinda sad. But not only did I make cards, I made FOUR of them! That for me, is a record, I'm sure!I know that they're pretty simple, but things don't always have to be complicated to look good. At least that's what I've been telling myself!K, so I'm off to take pics of my scrap room! I'm a little behind in the designer's challenge, but I'm determined that I'm going to do it this year!

And I can't wait to show you next kit, you know, just in case you thought we forgot to tease you about it! See you soon!

~Ronni

No comments: