Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V-Day!

Hey guys, how's it going? Do you have special plans for today? We're going to the Hurricane's game tonight... our youngest daughter will be singing the National Anthem on the centre ice! We're so excited for her. Her Fine-Arts program was asked to sing a few weeks ago, and they've been practicing ever since. I have to pick her up a red shirt to wear tonight... can you imagine that she doesn't have one? What kind of mom am I? LOL! Most of our family is going to the game, and honestly, I've never been to a real hockey game before, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen an entire game. Oh well, I'm allowed to bring my camera for this photo worthy event, and that's all I'm worried about.
So wanna see my Feb kit yet???

This one is of my mom and dad... aren't they a cute couple? I used Staz-On to stamp on the flower with a script stamp, and then used the glimmer mist stuff on the chipboard hearts. Looks better in real life, I promise. You can't see very well, but I added some staples that have words on them. I don't have the special stapler, and in some areas of the layout it was really thick, so I folded the prongs in and then mounted them with foam popdots. One day I'll have a nice photo of me and Dave. I think. The paper reminded me of the Valentines we used to give when we were kids, so I cut out a few of my favorites, and used them to embellish the page with.
I've got this page ready for a nice photo of the two of us. Hopefully if I can get Dave and my hair to co-operate, I can use this. One can dream, right? This paper was a lot of fun to use, it comes pre-punched with the heart shape on it. So, I cut out one, ripped the edge of it, inked it up, and then did string art on it, just like when we were in school. Easy, fun, and looks pretty cool when it's all done. And then I painted the chipboard hearts black, and tied a little knot on each of them. My cards!! I've never had so much fun making cards, as I did for this kit! Remember how on the layout I did of me and my nephew I used googly eyes on the dinosaurs? Well, I carried it over to my cards. Sweet. Simple. I love them, and I always struggle when I make cards. These ones I'd actually give to my friends *giggle* And this layout is my favorite that I did! Can you believe I got all these layouts from one kit?! Amazing! And whenever I stop in at the store, I look to see what the other girls have done. We all get the same kit, and it's all so very different. I did the "snow" after reading a tutorial on OLW (One Little Word). I painted the chipboard letters with gesso, and then used my heat gun on them to make the gesso go all bubbly. You have to be careful to a) not burn your fingers. Don't paint the whole letter at once, and use tweezers to hold them under the heat. And b) don't burn the letters. I kinda did a little bit. It doesn't smell very good... contrary to what you might think. I added a little bit of stickles to it. Looks kinda cool huh?
So yep, there ya go. That's what I did with the kit. I know I say this nearly every time, but I think this one is my favorite. Of course until I saw the March kit. Now that one is fun too. I'm gonna mess around with it today. I'm so glad it's a long weekend! I have to go to Calgary next weekend for a Lab for my Optician's course, so I might not get much of a chance to post anything next weekend.
Take care guys! Have fun playing!! :)
~Ronni

No comments: