Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Saturday!

So ladies (and gentlemen?), once again, (thankfully!) it's Saturday! Better yet, I don't have to work. Well, not work, work. There's always something to do, isn't there?? I've been busy all week studying for a test that I'm gonna take soon (probably tomorrow) and I have a paper to write. But I won't bore you with the details, I'll just show you some of the fun stuff that somehow I've managed to do. Unless of course, you'd rather hear boring details of power crosses, sphere powers, cylinder powers, axis corrections, polycarbonate lenses and the benefits of polarized lenses?

Now I'm not sure if many of you know this, but my dad has discovered a new type of dinosaur. He regularly goes for walks, looking for arrowheads, petrified wood, and the like often. One day down by Chin Lake, he found a type of skull. Long story short, he couldn't figure out what it was, and since legally what's found on Crown land belongs to the government, had called up the Tyrell museum in Drumheller to let them know he had something. The archeologists were really cool, and eventually gave dad a replica of the skull, and promised to let him know what it was. It was a new species of what a turtle was, before it was the modern day turtle. And since dad had found the first speciman known, they named it after him. It was finally put on display early this last fall, and so our whole family went to the Tyrell museum to see it on display. I can't tell you how proud I am of my dad. To see our family name down in the history books is something pretty cool. When we were kids, we often went walking with dad, and I found it boring as dust to be looking for special rocks in the dirt. I hated the dirt in my eyes and the sand in my nose. And I never found much either. But dad, he could spot the smallest of arrowheads anywhere. So, anyways, here's a layout in tribute to him and the turtle. I have the journalling in the cute little libary pocket.

So here's my cute little P.T. Cuiser. I know I was calling him Princess Petie, but my dear husband refused to drive a car that was a princess with a boy's name. After much debate, we're calling Petie, Pirate Petie, and let me tell ya, it suits it. :) I really enjoyed making this layout. There are some Tim Holtz' grungeboard skulls that I inked and added distress powder to. And I inked up the edges of everything. Found a Heidi Swapp acrylic arrow that was just begging to be used. Traced chipboard letters onto cardstock, cut them out, inked the edges, and used pop dots to raise a few letter. Just had some fun with it.
Well, I guess I should go shower and get ready for the rest of my day. I'm hoping to make it into the city sometime this afternoon and harass Kari and the girls down there for a bit. I want to drop off these layouts and a few others so you guys can see them in person, if you want to, that is... LOL Have fun, and see you soon!!
~Ronni
p.s. I know these tiny photos seem a little pixelated, so if you want to see them better, just click on them, and they'll open up bigger for you.... maybe TOO big! LOL!

No comments: