Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blog Contest Question #10

Well, I chatted with Kari and we decided that 10 is the perfect number. Remember, for every question you answer, your name will go into the draw for a little summin' summin' from Kari :) Go back to answer any or all of the past 9 questions. I am hoping we can do this again.

So here is my question today. Do you only scrapbook the good/happy things or do you include the sad/not so perfect things too?

This came to me as I sat at work thinking of my dad in surgery this morning and waiting for the call that all was done/ok. I have only scrapbooked the good/happy things in life so far - family, friends, K-bear's 1st year, trips, trips and more trips. Oh, I have good intentions of scrapbooking a page on my Uncle who passed away over 3 years ago, but I just cant get it together. I have good intentions of scrapbooking a page on my Aunt who passed away last year, but I just cant get it together. It is so hard to think of them and get those memories on paper - and I admit, I am kinda afraid to do it.........will that close a chapter? Will I then not have as strong of memories bc they are down on paper and not only in my heart? I know i will one day scrapbook them, when the time is right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to scrapbook both, but mostly the good happy moments, I have one from when my son broke his collar bone, and am making one for my daughters broken arm.

Anonymous said...

I generally scrapbook spcial ocassions which are happy - birthdays, Christmas, Halloween, holidays etc. Hoever, I have scrapbooked some pictures of my dad and I (he has been deceased since 1992) AND THEY ARE SAD....BUT BRING BACK VERY GOOD MEMORIES!

Anonymous said...

I agree I scrapbook the happy and even try to make the sad moments have a happy or positive take on them.

When my husband and I got married shortly after both of my grandparents passed away weeks within each other. When I scrapbooked an annual album that year I also scrapbooked their obituaries and wrote about what a loss it was.

I am trying to get my parents to write stuff about themselves now and take pictures to preserve them as I remember them now and can tell the future generations.

I also did scrapbook my son's wasp fight, the bites and the 2 wasps that bit him. (glossy accents entombed them)

Happy and sad it is life and just a part of what we go through so a bit of both is good however you need to have more happy. What is that quote for every sad moment a child has you have to replace it by 10 positive one's in order for them to forget the sad one. I remember that in much that I do... Sorry for being so wordy...

Mimi said...

So far I have only happy things scrapbooked. I have everything ready to make a page about my Grandpa's passing but I desided to put it in my family history album. Which I have yet to start.

I have pictures of my car accident but I don't know about scrapbooking them.

Some scrapbooking that was a little hard (at the time) was that I had all these pictures of a trip with an ex-boyfriend. It was a special time so I scrapbooked them, even though we weren't together any more.