Saturday, August 15, 2009

Well, it looks like another rainy Saturday. Summer is sure going by fast, and I don't have as much of a tan as I would like to show for it. In no time, my girls will be going back to school, and I start my second (and last) year of opticianary. I'll be glad when that's over... more time to scrap! lol!
So I wanted to show you a little technique that didn't photograph as well as it looks in real life: How many butterflies do you see in the layout below? See the red ones in the upper right corner? How about the kraft ones on the left middle? Now, how about the ones that are striped along the bottom? Can you see it now? It honestly looks a lot better if you could really see it, see it. Just a subtle hint of texture. I punched butterflies out of leftover patterned paper, and lined them up so that they would overlap just a little onto the flowered patterened paper. And speaking of the flowered pp, I also cut out a few flowers, and used pop dots and added them over top some of the ones on the pattern. And here's a layout of our new kitten, gosh, he's grown a lot already! The yellow circles on the background, I stamped with paint onto a transparency. While the painted circles were still wet, I put it onto the paper, and as it dried, it glued itself into place. I wrote "introducing" by hand, and traced around it with a black Zig marker, cut it out, and inked up the edges of it. I didn't have enough black matching letter stickers for the rest of the title, so I used some older, leftover basic grey stickers, and coloured them all black with a marker.


I'm hoping that if you double click on any of my layouts, you'll be able to see them a bit better. And if not, I guess you'll have to come down to the store and check them out! See you soon! Have fun playing!
~Ronni

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see them ronni...looks great as always....:)

Glenda T. said...

Hey Ronni! THanks for stopping by my blog and I got that purple T shirt at Urban Planet in Calgary!