Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hey you! :D

So tell me, how is your summer going? Today is my last day of holidays, then it's back to the grindstone (quite literally for me, considering my job, LOL) tomorrow. Not sure how on earth I'll be able to get up before the crack of 8:30, but I'll sure have to try! We went to B.C. for most of the last week. We did tonnes of camping, and aside from the fire ban, bears, and going for walks in the rain and hail, we had a good time.... You can see a story in that holiday, can't you? I promise to work on the photos soon and tell you all about it.

So since there wasn't a kit last month, I thought I'd show you a few of the projects that I somehow found time for while I traveled across Canada and back... :S


This here is my hubby looking all fierce and mean like. He gets rather tired rather quickly of me taking his photo, and gave me a real "stink eye" look, hoping that I'd knock off the photos... I'm hoping that if you double click on the photo, you can see it larger... then you can see that I used some old postage stamps that I bought at the Ft Macleod museum many years ago under some of my journalling. I love that rub on of the weeds. And the white polka dots above and below Dave's head are heat embossed. And yes, that photo is blurry. I printed it off 5x7 even though it was blurry. I liked it... who says your photos HAVE to be perfect??

Next up is one of my very favorites. Just lots of junk all over the place, a neat (and true) quote. I even did some sewing on this one. I took a close up so I hope you can see what I mean. I added a few brads to add interest. I can never have too many brackets... I use them all the time it seems!




















Isn't this a cool photo? I got myself another camera (I think I told you about it) And the day that I went out to play with it, I saw quite by accident, a dragonfly on the flowers at my mom and dad's place. It was so pretty! I'm not so sure if I like all the rhinestones that I put around it, but I couldn't pull them off after I started... oh well... Can't win them all!

And I can't tell you how long I've been hoarding this basic grey paper, knowing that the right photos would come along for it. I love love love all the designs on it.




And lastly (for today) is this amazing 7 Gypsy paper. Gosh I love that velvety stuff!! Simple layout, but I like it!

I dropped off a few other layouts before I left last week, so feel free to go down and check them out at the store.
Ok, here's one more, since it's me and my hubby's aniversary today. Three whole years... we've been together almost 19 years, but married for 3. Our oldest took this photo of us when we were in Lundbreck Falls, earlier this summer. It's a little blurry, but it doesn't matter, because I love the composition of it.
Anyways, have a great day... I've still got time to play with the new kit! And wow, it's so different for us! But that's all I'm saying....
~Ronni

1 comment:

Julie Riley said...

My summer is going pretty good. My fience and myself took 6 days, headed through Montana, to Wyoming, slipped into Colorado (Budweiser Plant), and headed back home through Idaho. While down in the States, we decided to go to all 50 of them at some point in our lives. Well now, wouldn't that make a great album!