Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hey, how's it going? Ready for the rug-monsters to go back to school yet? Mine start on Monday, and it seems to me the summer just flew right by. This weekend in Taber, is Cornfest, so I'm thinking it will be a great way to wind down... It's not like my kids haven't been to the midway 50 times already since Thursday, but I think we'll all go again today as a family. There's a car show my husband would like to see, and arts and crafts, petting zoo, face painting, corn, and I have some ideas in my head for photos to take at the fair grounds.
We did so many activites this summer...

One of the things we did this summer was throw the kids into the car one Sun. and drove out to Lundbreck Falls - Frank Slide. We wanted to see Lundbreck's camping facility, but it's so beautiful out there, how can you not take in all the sights?

And if you've met me before, you know how camera happy I can get... way too many photos and I can barely part with any. I'm not much of a multi-photo scrapper... I do try to use lots of pics, but it doesn't always work for me. In fact, I'm very jealous of those of you who can and do use lots of photos on a layout. Heck, I can barely do a two-pager. So what's a girl to do?

I'm so glad you asked.
I make mini-albums. :D


Like the album cover? It's actually very easy to do. I started with a piece of chipboard, and I left room so I could punch it through my zutter. I put down my title first, and then just added other chipboard letters everywhere. Once they were down, I painted over the whole thing with white paint, and once that was dry, I outlined the title with a sharpie. I saw this done on-line somewhere (I wish I could remember where so that I could give proper credit), but that artist used gesso to apply the letters. I skipped that step.... I used some older Heidi Swapp letters that I'd had for forever, and I felt very satisfied that I was able to use them all up... I've never done that before.Now, I apologize for the image quality of some of these... I know they're a little yellow and a bit blurry, but it gives you an idea of what you can do too with all your great photos! The pages were made with some great Cosmo Cricket that had the wonderful bordered edges. I'd been hoarding that pp too for awhile, and it felt good to use that up.And remember what I was saying about all the photos? Well, I cut some of them down, and put them into baseball card protectors. They were easy to put into the zutter too to add them to the book.Fun eh? So I hope that gives you some more ideas of what you can do with all of your photos. Enjoy what's left of the summer, I'll see ya again soon!
~Ronni H.


No comments: