Monday, August 24, 2009

9...13....14...23 What do these numbers have in common???



MULTI PHOTO LAYOUTS!!!!!

Do not be afraid to use more than one photo on your page. Do not be afraid of cropping a photo (dont like the results? Reprint it - it is 15 cents!). Dont be afraid of mixing different size photos on your layout (there are a ton of programs out there now to assist in resizing photos). Dont be afraid to mix black and white with colour photos on your layout.

  • If you know me and my scrapbooking, I scrapbook mostly my travels and my niece.
  • If you know me and my photography you know that I take A LOT of photos at any one time! (ummm over 2000 on my Disney Cruise, over 1500 in Ireland and a bazillion of K-bear!).
  • If you know me and my layouts, you know that I rarely (not never though) do one photo layouts.

I am not afraid to crop photos and print photos in different sizes. I use a mix of smaller and larger photos on a layout. Larger for more important ones, smaller to mix it up and tell more of the story or give/zoom in on details. I am not afraid to crop a photo...if I dont like the outcome, I reprint it (its 15 cents!).

Dont be afraid to mix up sizes, colour, black and white. Step outside of your comfort zone!!!!!

Belfast (9 photos)











A Year of Joy (13 photos)








Heritage Park (14 photos)









Dublin (23 photos - a record for me so far!)

~~Melanie

No comments: