Saturday, November 22, 2008

So my scrappy friends, have you had a chance yet to pick up the Novemeber kit? I gotta tell ya, I love it! All of my favorite colours... red, black, cream... it was so fun and easy to work with.
Here are my samples:

This is my good friend Jean, and her husband John on their wedding day. Isn't she beautiful?



and I love seeing close ups of other peoples work, so I'm ready for my close up, Mr. Deville:

Now, I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but you don't have to use the Embellie words "as is". Sometimes I want to squish the letters together closer to make it fit somewhere, like on this heart I cut out of cardboard and covered with patterened paper (shown below). Because the word I wanted to use was techniquely longer than what I wanted, I carefully cut the letters apart and then applied them to where I wanted them. You have to watch that you don't mix up the letters, because once they're down, they're down.

That lace... oooh, I loved it! Used up every bit of it! (and I still have to get rid of that yellow tablecloth! Gak!)

And here's my girls:

I ran very thin strips of paper through my dymo labeler and then gently inked them.


And I can hear you saying, "but Ronni, I didn't get an embellie that said Powerful in my kit" And you know what? I didn't either. But I'm such a rebel, that I used some of the letters they sell seperately at the store and made up my own word. I placed each letter on squares of paper, inked the edges, and randomly picked letters and raised them with foam squares.

And so that's what I made with my kit, with one exception. I did make the cutest mini album, and I really thought I had a photo of it at home, but I don't, so I'm afraid you'll have to check it out at the store.

And just a quick tease... I picked up Dec's kit last night... OMGosh! So very awesome! So cool! Can't wait to play with it!

~Ronni

No comments: