Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Hey guys, how's it going? I'm having myself a bit of a lazy day today. Thought about making some homemade pretzels to warm the house up, but it sounds a lot like work, doesn't it? I might just anyway. I'm also gonna do a little scrapping today, and I'd like to finish up on some laundry. Seems like there's always something to do. Are you coming to Croptober fest?? I have to start packing for that too!!

Anyways, do you remember my elevator layout I posted a little while ago? Well, I have a few more things to show you from that same weekend. My parents grew up not far from each other, even though it was in two different provinces. After we left my grandma's funeral, we headed for home, but first we detoured to where my mom grew up. Mom's old farm has been abandoned for many years. I really wish now that I'd brought my SLR, and had more time, but I still got some interesting shots. There were tonnes of mosquitoes out then too, and they were practically eating me alive!

I messed around with the photos in Photoshop, made them look older and more worn.
I'd been saving this BG pp for a very long time... love the blue and yellow wheat that is on it, and it worked very well for these photos. I did some stitching with my sewing machine. When I was looking for yellow buttons, I fell across one lone heart shaped yellow one, and it was perfect for on my title block.

And this layout is of my youngest out for a walk when we were camping early this summer. The patterned paper isn't something you can buy, but you can make it yourself! :D
I took a brown paper bag, and I stamped numerous times with a script background stamp (in black ink, 2nd generation) Over that, I stamped the butterflies and birds in black ink. Over top of that, I added the stamps that said "beautiful" and "dreamer" in both black and red. After that, I crumpled it, and took brown ink to the edges and over the dips and folds of the crinkled paper. It was all very random, very, very messy, and a lot of fun. I liked a few of the butterflies, so I cut them out to use as further embellishments, and used my butterfly punch to add a few more.
I had some black lace that worked well for the bottom of the photo. And if you know me, you know I love the colour red... so I add in some red jewels to the butterflies, and some red buttons (cause I'm all about the buttons! LOL), a Heidi Swapp circle sticker, and called it good. The background cardstock is embossed with circles, and when I inked the edges, a few of them were quite obvious and lovely. The masking tape is just one of my latest favorite things to add when I can. Just cheap, ol' masking tape, just inked up enough to add some colour and texture.
Just some little detail shots....
Ok, so that's what I have to show you. Enjoy the rest of your day...be lazy, scrap a little, take photos, or whatever...but enjoy!
~Ronni H.

No comments: