Saturday, May 23, 2009

Somehow I seem to be busier than ever before! How can that be?? Am I the only one? I've finished my first year of Optical Science... 79% on my final, and my overall grade is 82%. Yah me, not too shabby, huh? I'm glad to be done, and only have one more year to go. I start up again in Sept.
The last couple of weekends have seen us camping and getting sunburnt. We bought a new (to us) trailer and have enjoyed smelling like campfire and wondering how we can get so dirty.
So, ready to see what I've been working on?I love me my Timmie's coffee! LOL! By the way, I wrote "Obsession" onto cardstock with pencil, coloured it in with a black marker, and then cut it out.I embossed the word smile and some swirlies (is that a real word, and if so, is that how you spell it??) onto the background. Simple card, but I like how it turned out.And I take way too many shadow photos... I'm sure this is shadow photo #5 934, but it could be #9 635. *grin*
And this one is my favorite. I took a photo of my daughter's jacket tossed carelessly on the grass when the weather started warming up. For the background, I painted a small white area where I used Staz-on to stamp "observations" (which comes from a 7 Gypsies stamp set that has proved itself invaluable! Love it!!) Next, I stamped on butterflies (from Basic Grey) in white ink, and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I did the same for the Maya Roads journalling box.
I totally loved this kit, and made up all the projects within a few days of sitting down with it. The ideas just flowed and flowed. Love it when that happens! Love this paper... it was fun and pushed me out of my box just a little bit.
But wait til what you see what I did with June's kit!! So much fun!!!
Don't forget that you can double click on each photo to see larger, and it will probably make it easier to read the journalling...
Have a good weekend!
~ronni



No comments: