Sunday, August 5, 2007

Christmas Cards for the Troops

I have always wondered how I could send a quick note or card to the troops to let them know I am thinking about them.

Our friend Corinne is going to be in Lethbridge (all the way from Saskatoon) for a couple of weeks. On one of the message boards I post at, she posted the following challenge to us. I thought I would bring it here and share with all of you. If you want to participate in the challenge, feel free to make some cards up this week and drop them off at Embellished before August 11. Corinne is going to be at the crop that night and will take them home with her to ship them off. I know it is kinda last minute, but it is a great thing to do = bring some happiness and cheer to those far away.

Without further ado, here is her post and the information on the cards:

As you may or may not know, I work for DND. It's a great job and there's always lots of stuff going on.... and I've gotten to know the troops. There's a few people I know that are overseas, and more going soon and some coming home. Some will be overseas for Christmas. And this is where I'm leading with this.... My challenge to you - create a Christmas Card for someone serving overseas. AKA Op Christmas Card. (Op stands for Operation)

I know it's early. but here's the thing. The cards get collected early and sent to a distribution point. they wait there until there's room on the plane going over. That maybe later than you think! Make a card for someone overseas. I'll collect them and get them to the Family Resource centre for distribution - or you can drop them off at your nearest base too!

It doesn't have to be fancy (more generic Christmas ones please, not overtly religious) - it doesn't have to say much inside - just that you're thinking of them at the holiday season. I KNOW they'll appreciate ANY indication that some one cares. Please don't include anything with the card and leave the envelope addressed to any soldier unsealed.
---------------------------------------------------

So there you have it. An easy challenge for this week. Get making a card. Drop it off at Embellished before August 11 and we will take care of getting it to Corinne to deliver them to the right spot.

~~Melanie

No comments: