Monday, December 7, 2009

Had enough snow yet? I was in the city yesterday, and while Lethbridge may have had more snow than us, you'd never really know it. The town has been taking it's time clearing off the roads, and it's so hard getting anywhere, never mind the windchill factor. It's minus 35 right now. Ick!!! I can't wait for spring! But the good part of winter is staying indoors, scrapping the cold hours away! LOL!
Remember when I was in Calgary a few weekends ago? I got the picture from my hotel room scrapped the other day. I thought I'd taken a more clear photo of the layout, but I guess you can get the gist of the idea. I sprayed some mist on my background paper that had some chipboard stars on it. Punched a few stars out and put glitter all over a few of them too. I used a clock stamp on some blue cardstock, and used embossing powder on it. Then I cut out my title letters by tracing around the chipboard letters. It's one of my favorite techniques, mostly because I can save my most used letters (like e's and t's and r's and s's) Simple, but I like how it turned out. Looks better in real likfe. :)And this is one of my favorites too. I just took this photo the other day too, remember? I was gonna use a winter quote, but I decided to go more simple. I've gots some rhinestones going on, and some puff bull lace stuff. I sewed my patterened paper down after distressing the edges. When I did that, some of the paper turned back on itself, and because it's double sided, there's just a hint of it peaking out.
I did a technique on my "winter" that I think I've mentioned before. Basically, I used white gesso on chipboard letters and heated it until it dried and bubbled. You have to be careful not to burn it with the embossing gun. I just kinda heaped it on and swirled it a bit. I used a little bit of blue and white stickles just to make them stand out a bit.
So I hope that inspires you a little. :) Have fun creating...stay warm!!
~RonniH.

No comments: