Friday, September 18, 2009

So it's back to school for me now. I'm on my second (and final) year of Optical Sciences. When I'm done in the spring (if all goes well) I'll be a licensed Optician. Makes me sound like a grown up! I'll be glad to be done... the reading is very dry, the math is extensive, and I don't have as much time for scrappy stuff. Have to get priorities right though, huh?

I thought I have a few minutes now, can I show you some of my latest projects? I haven't even brought these down to the store yet...
From the time I was 1 until I was 5, we lived in a very small village where my dad ran the grain elevator. Sadly, my grandmother passed away in mid-August, and her funeral was held near where I lived. While this isn't the elevator that my dad worked at, it is only 10 minutes down the road from there and one of the few UGGs that I know that are still standing.

I didn't bring my "good" camera with me to the funeral, but I did have a p&s (point & shoot) that I take with me everywhere for times just like this. I would like to go back with my good camera when I have more time.

So with this layout I had some older paper that I wanted use up. I used a little bit of mists and some Heidi Swapp letters for the title. Punched butterflies out of old book paper. Added a little paint here and there.

And the scallops along the right side are actually circle stamps (Maya Road) stamped close together and cut out. Love me some buttons all over the place. I accidently ripped the green paper in one spot, but I liked how it looked and didn't fret too much over it. The spray smeared all over the white paint cause I didn't let it dry long enough, but I liked the look of that too. I traced with a zig all the letters of my titling too.

Um, not sure if there's anything else interesting about this, but I sure liked how it turned out. I do have pictures of the last kit around here somewhere that I'll dig out and show you sometime soon too.

Until then, have fun!

~RonniH

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love this layout. My dad ran a grain elevator for 20 years in small towns so it brings back memories.